Sunday, October 23, 2016

What Do You See?

I remember when I was starting Sapphire Scents, a couple of people told me "what are you doing? You are selling this Hausa perfume?", "perfumes don't sell" and lots of other comments like that. 

I have always had the gift of knowing good perfumes but I never knew that my nose would one day be making money for me. While others associated Oud with the northerners, I knew there was more to these scents, why would all the top designers in the world from Tom Ford, Gucci, Christian Dior and Armani dedicate a line to Oud perfumes?  Even though they  sell the synthetic ones. 

I did my research and I discovered the history of Oud and its pedigree and prestige. You must be knowledgeable about your business otherwise people will destroy your self esteem because of your ignorance. The more I read the more I knew I was on the right track. In just a year Sapphire Scents is worth over 20 million Naira and this is a business that started with just N30,000.

Banish, disassociate, stay away from people who don't see what you are seeing. Perception is EVERYTHING! You may be selling pure water but why is your water different from others? You must know your difference and don't let anybody disrespect your business. 

The bible says as a man thinks so is he. What do you think about yourself and your business? Your thoughts will produce your results. 

You too can be a social media evangelist. Please share so that others can be blessed as you have been blessed. #ThankYouJesus

No comments:

Post a Comment