Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Testimony Thursday

#TestimonyThursday

The Holy Spirit inspired me to share a testimony every Thursday and then tomorrow we will conclude on why Christian men fail.


Six years ago I needed to get a job and after praying, the Holy Spirit instructed that I should get dressed as though I already had a job and take communion just like the children of Isreal had the Passover meal before they left Egypt. The location that came to mind was Silverbird Galleria, Abuja. So I did what the Holy Spirit said and went to Silverbird.

I met a lady in charge of marketing and after I had spoken to her, she asked me to approach companies for adverts on behalf of Silverbird but it wasn't an official job, at least it was a start. I began to visit offices and I was marketing to them, I got rejections but I also got some really good feedback.  Then the lady I talked to at Silverbird told me she had spoken to her boss and they didn't feel it was a good idea for me to continue, I was sad.

I went back to the place of prayer and prayed and fasted for 3 days. On the last day, my phone rang and the person said "hello am I talking to Adewale Aladejana? I confirmed I was the person and then she said "you have an interview at the TY Danjuma Foundation tomorrow". I didn't even know a place like that existed so I traced the office and there it was!

My mum had asked for my CV a while back so I copied my cousin's CV, I changed his name and put in mine. It wasn't even a properly prepared CV and it was the last CV I ever used.

The interview was for an internship job and the salary was 50k but it was a start. I was selected and I became an intern, nine months and eight days later I became a full staff and three years later I quit to start my own business.

Beloved, God is waiting for your prayers to order your steps because God needs your permission to work wonders in your life. It doesn't take time, it takes God! If you will take time off to talk to God and pray about that matter, He will order your steps.

The bible says in Proverbs 3:5 (NIV) 5Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Involve God in your job search and in that business you want to do, you will experience speed in Jesus name.

Happy new month!
You too can be a social media evangelist. Please share so that others can be blessed as you have been blessed. #ThankYouJesus

1 comment: