Thursday, September 24, 2015

iTestify (Day 7 of 7) My COZA Experience





The Holy Spirit inspired me to share 7 testimonies of His goodness in my life  everyday for the next 7 days. I believe many people will be blessed by them.

I will never forget the first time I heard Pastor Biodun preach, that was the day my life changed forever. It was the most depressing period of my life because nothing was working and I decided to follow my sister to COZA; services used to hold then at the Ambience Hall.

I had never seen any church look so beautiful with wallpaper and TVs on every wall and I had never seen a gathering of so many young, beautiful, successful and classy people who loved God passionately. What was common was that if you were young and successful, you would be at the club, only those with problems and challenges were supposed to be at church. Yet here was all of these young and well to do people pouring out their love and serving God.

 I had some friends among them one of which was Damola Sijuade, the Ife prince, he would drive to church in a Mercedes GL 500 and I used to look at him and I thought to myself if all these people loved God and served Him faithfully then something was wrong with me for staying away from God!

When Pastor Biodun showed up, I was blown away. He was wearing a Ralph Lauren purple label jacket; those Blazers with their crests was all the rave back then. I had never seen any man of God look so good! Then he began to preach about 'Ebenezer, My Stone of Help' the anchor scripture was Isaiah 50:7 'For God has helped me, I will not be dismayed, I will not be confounded, I have set my face like a flint, I will not be put to shame. That was the day my life changed forever.

Pastor Biodun presented God to me in a way nobody had done before. I couldn't wait to get to church every Tuesday and Sunday, I was like a junkie hooked on the word of God and when the opportunity came to become a worker, I jumped at it! If you are a worker in COZA, you belong to one of the most blessed people on the face of the earth (I mean these words).

At the COZA workforce, we were taught discipline and honor for God. You dare not come late to church, if you don't go late to work why would you come late to church? If you don't dress anyhow to work, why would you dress shabbily to church? Serving God is work and God pays for what He orders for. You cannot be in a moving train and be on a spot. Your phone should be switched off during service, everything you do must be excellent. Prayer, worship and bible study was inculcated to me. I learnt a lot!

My life began to change, I went from skinny jeans to slim fit suits and ties and my results also changed as well. After listening to my pastor, I began to feel the urge to share some of what  I had learned on social media, that's how I started posting every morning on Facebook 5 years ago.

Whenever I had any challenge, I would walk up to Pastor Biodun or Pastor Modele and they would pray. There has been no problem that has come my way that a word from my pastors have not been able to solve. Over the house Pastor Biodun and Pastor Modele declared "You will not see wind, you will not see rain yet this valley will be filled with water, the house issue will be sorted out without any stress" and that was exactly what happened!

Most mentors make you feel like they know everything and you know nothing but Pastor Biodun is different. Pastor Biodun looked at me at the HEIGHT of my challenges when everything was crazy and there was no way out and he said "Wale I believe in you" Wow! My pastor is a heavy weight, everything he has ever said about COZA on that stage has happened! I remember when Dr. Mike Murdock was in Nigeria in July and he suddenly stopped and said "before I forget, Benny Hinn says I should say hello to you". This same man that is celebrated by all the God's Generals all over the world believes in me!

After that day, I saw myself differently, my pastor is worth a billion men to me and those words became like a garrison to me, it confirmed what I already knew and I made up my mind to be more devoted and committed to God.

If there is anything you admire about me, it's because I learnt from the best of the best, I learned from Pastor Biodun and Pastor Modele and as good parents, they cheer you on, when you are unsure, they tell you to press on and they let you know that success is inevitable.

Meeting these people changed my life forever. I pray for all my readers that God will connect you with people who will change your life for good. God will not come down from heaven, He will use men, may God use men for you in Jesus name!

#AGratefulHeart #MoretoFollow #ThankYouJesus

My 20 year dream is to see the Gospel preached to one billion people all over the world through the Social Media. You too can become a Social Media Evangelist, please share and repost this Gospel of Jesus Christ so that others can be blessed just like you were blessed. Thank you for reading, I celebrate you and God bless you.
Follow @walejana on Twitter and Instagram.

Shalom


1 comment:

  1. serving God is sweet meehn. may the lord send my own destiny helpers to me oo. your testimonies lifts my soul, wipes away my tears and gives me hope again. you are a blessing to me sir.

    ReplyDelete