"Baby we are Christians o and I know the bible says its wrong but common sense dictates that we should have sex before marriage at least we can know if we are compatible in that area, you know (Collins put his hands on Cynthia's thigh and rubbed it) forever is a long time o, imagine if both of us are not sexually satisfied forever! Are you willing to risk this for the rest of your life? It's not like both us are even virgins sef, we don chop life small before God found us"
Cynthia looked at Collins' lips as he spoke, the guy was irresistible but what about what the bible said? Collins was making a lot of sense but she was confused because she wanted to keep her man and she didn't want to offend God. What should Cynthia do?
The bible said in Genesis 2:18 (NLT) Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”
Verse 21 says( NLT)
So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the LORD God took out one of the man's ribs and closed up the opening.
I want you to notice 3 things in the scripture above;
1. It was God that NOTICED that it was not good for man to be alone
2. It was God who said He would make man a helper SUITABLE for him
3. When God decided to create woman, He caused a deep sleep to fall on man because He didn't need Adam's opinion! If God needed man's opinion, He would have removed the rib and woke Adam up but He let him sleep because man's opinion was not needed!
When Adam woke up and he saw Eve, the bible says in Genesis 2:23 (NLT) At last!” the man exclaimed.
“This one is bone from my bone,
and flesh from my flesh!
She will be called ‘woman,’
because she was taken from ‘man.’”
Adam had been craving a woman but he did not know what he wanted because it did not exist until God created her!
God was very thoughtful, He knew He had to create the woman to excite man, so He gave her the curves and the hair and the beautiful skin and the voice that could melt a man's heart. Then He created sex and orgasms! (Yes God created orgasms).
God is concerned about the future of everything He has created and we all know that all products come with a manual. In the manual guiding sex for men and women, God said "wait till you marry before you have sex" It is written In 1 Thessalonians 4; 3-5 God's will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor— not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways.
My dear brother and sister, long before you had that craving God knew you would need a man/woman and he instructed you to abstain, it may seem impossible but then God has not asked you to do anything by your own strength! Go to God in prayer and ask Him to teach you, He will!
There is a grace for sexual abstinence , I enjoyed that grace before I married. There will be temptations but God will keep you. If you desire that grace, God will give it to you.
There are 3 things you must do:
1. Filter your thoughts; don't think sexual thoughts, anytime those thoughts come, quote this scripture in Phillipians 4:8 (NLT) I fix my thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. I think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. (Personalise the scripture)
2. Filter what you watch: Dr Mike Murdock says "don't put in front of you what you don't want inside of you". The seed for what you think is what you see! Filter, unfollow and block those who post sexual pictures on your social media timeline.
3. Choose friends who are on the same mission as you. Don't hang out with friends who see nothing wrong with pre marital sex, they will lure you back into sin.
May God help us all in Jesus name. Amen
My 20 year dream is to see the Gospel preached to a billion people through the social media. You too can be a social media evangelist, kindly share and repost this Gospel of Jesus Christ so that others can be blessed just like you have been blessed. Thank you for reading. Shalom