Monday, April 7, 2014

God gave me a job at the World Bank




This is an amazing testimony, it is proof that God is not a man, He cannot lie (Numbers 23;19). If He has spoken it, He will surely bring it to pass. I pray this testimony will also create your own testimony as you read. Enjoy.


To go to America or to stay in Nigeria? That was the dilemma my poor mother was facing concerning my education. My father had told her he could not afford American tuition, her friends asked her how she was going to afford it and her income confirmed what her friends asked. Well, she had set her mind on sending me to school in America, so she faced God. Praying alongside a man of God, it was revealed that I was marked for greatness but I needed to go to America. That was all the revelation my mother needed. Together with my dad, they sold properties, shares, you name it. Their daughter was going to obodo oyibo!
Fast forward 6 years, I had a bachelor’s degree with honors and a master’s degree from an Ivy League institution also with honors. God was faithful! The provision for my tuition surfaced through scholarships, aids and contribution from family friends. Yes I finished! Now, the next phase of my life!


I needed a job! I had sent in so many applications to companies in the US, I had even began to lose count. I had bought several books on networking which I tried to put into practice, all to no avail. As an international student, I am only given 1 year to find a job and if the company decides to keep me, they file for the work permit for me. Here I was in my 5th month, interview after interview after application. Still nothing! I had nothing better to do anyways, so church was my happy place. I will pray and pray and fast and pray. I told God I specifically wanted to work at the World Bank but still, nothing! Well 9 months went by, still nothing.
 At this point, I was oppressed, repressed and depressed. I stopped talking to everyone, even my poor mum. I was tired of hearing the question: “so what are you doing with yourself?” I hated that I was so dependent on people for finances (in hindsight thank God at least I had people to give me some change.) I hated that I had to wake up every morning with no purpose! I hated filling out application forms! I hated interviews! I was completely tired of everything.  I would wake up crying and go to bed crying. My faith in God to give me a job was gradually nonexistent.  I had 2 months to find a job, if not I had to leave.
So I asked God: you said I will be great (amongst other things) if I came to America, but here I am about to be evicted and you are not doing anything? So ladies and gentlemen, 11 months went by. I packed everything I had acquired in America for 7 years and put in one of my aunt’s containers to Nigeria. I started making plans for NYSC and gone were the dreams of making it in the USA.


I got to Nigeria, used everyone’s connection to try and get an internship at least. I got interviewed by General Managers and CEO’s, they loved my CV but none made mention of actually letting me do an internship. I was willing to work for free!!! I just wanted to do something! A year had gone by and I had done nothing with my life. So I went back to God and asked him: “what is the essence of going to good schools if I couldn’t even use the degrees?”  


Out of the blues, while trying to figure out how to make it in Lagos, I got an email from someone at the World Bank in DC, USA saying he got my CV and would want me to come for an interview in 2 days. This had been 1 year and 6 months of unemployment and honestly I thought someone was playing a trick on me. I read the email like a 100 times, sent it to people to help me read it, I could not believe it! I didn’t have a valid Visa, if I did ohhhh I would have been on the first flight out if it meant begging everyone for money. So I asked God to guide me, I badly needed this. I responded to the email that I was out of country but will love to call him to speak with him. He responded almost immediately that I should not worry, he will call me. This was on a Wednesday, so my interview was scheduled for a Friday. I studied all I could on the World Bank. Now I kept both my phones in front of me, waiting for the call. Next thing, I get an email saying he tried to call me but cannot get through (stupid MTN and Etisalat!) I almost went crazy! I called him immediately after shouting at everyone in the house to go buy me credit and what not. The phone kept ringing at his end and finally he picked up and said “you could have missed me, was just about to leave” (but for the grace of God!) You can imagine that by now everything I crammed had flown out of my head. He asked me 2 questions and honestly I did not answer them well, because he corrected me a few times. I was so nervous! He then proceeded to tell me that he had not posted the job but that he is going to post it on such and such website but he will send me the steps on how to apply.

As soon as I hung up, he sent me the email. I quickly did the application. I sent him an email thanking him and telling him that I applied. I kept praying for that whole week, barely eating, I just prayed and prayed. In exactly one week, I got an email with “Congratulations!!! You have gotten such and such position and we will begin to process your papers to bring you back to the United States.”
Oh the joy!!! I got a job in the company of my dreams!!! I cannot explain how elated I was. When I got to the states and people heard my story, one lady at my job said to me “for that position, they should not have done an international hire!” What they did not know was God favored me! God chose me! That position was created for me that the glory of the Lord be made manifest! My testimony is just beginning! Greatness is still coming!!

I do not know what it is that you are going through, I do not know how long you have had to wait but know this “God is more than able to make the impossible possible!”  Don’t be like me and let your faith grow weary, it took 1 year and 6 months for me to get a job and I got the job in the company of my dreams (I thought it was only possible in my dreams). God is mighty to do the same and even more for you! Do not give up! Hold on to this God that we serve! He is faithful! Remember: “it is not of him that runneth or of him that willeth but of the Lord that showeth mercy!”




28 comments:

  1. oh wow. i am encouraged by your testimony. God is indeed a God of wonders. I key in to your testimony strongly believing that all seemingly impossible situations surrounding me right now have become possible. Just make sure you don't stray away from God, because without your SOURCE, everything will dry up.
    wish all the best as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sherie,because you have celebrated with others, we will soon celebrate with you too. Thank you also for the great advice. We look forward to sharing your testimony on this blog very soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm speechless, oooh yh, what a great and mighty God we serve turning dreams into reality. He's awesome, my testimony is on the way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! If you learn how to celebrate with others, your testimony cannot elude you. Dont forget to share your testimony also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Because you have celebrated with others, we will celebrate with you too in Jesus name, Dont forget to share your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!! I am beyond encouraged by this. Facing the same dilemma and I was feeling down and discouraged but it was definitely God that led me to this blog and instead of feeling 'woe is me', I will encourage myself!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You for sharing this beautiful and inspiring testimony. You don't know how much You have done to others reading it. I'm close to tears now. Greater glory ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God for this inspiring testimony. Ours too will come soon IJN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless God for using this blog to inspire people. May we all be vessels in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am indeed encouraged with this testimony, God's word is ever true, and will surely come to pass. I would wait on HIM and would testify soon IJN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glory to God, I am glad you are encouraged. You will testify in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. God bless you for sharing this testimony.
    Congratulations! to God be all the glory..He indeed makes all things beautiful in His time and never fails..congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. and oh, greatness is also my word for the year from God, its soothing to know that whetever He promises/says He will always do.thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  14. Only yesterday, I told my mother that I was angry with God. I meant it.
    My story reads a lot like this testimony only that my health has a small setback. Our devotional manual for yesterday and today told me to hold on and trust God. It's hard.
    This post which was written more than a year ago has bolstered my belief that this desert season will soon pass, the same God who engineered my seeing this post will continue to hold me in his arms.
    God bless you for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so encouraged by this testimony. I am in the same situation cried my eyes out but reading this has inspired me. Thank you so much for sharing this. God is indeed grateful. I will keep faith and wait for my blessing and share the testimony with I all

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very moving testimony........has really boosted my faith too...I too am going through a situation similar to urs........Our God will provide to his flock !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for posting! God isn't done with me yet. What happened as a mistake in my life, will be used for His glory and WILL give HIM GLORY :) I even had a dream this morning that I was singing "Jehovah Jeira, my provider, Jehova Niss, Lord you reign in victory, Jehovah Shaloam, You're my prince of peace, and so I worship you because of who you ARE" As I sang those lines, I'm jumping higher and higher in the air under an intense anointing. God has a plan for me and I'm gonna be HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. God I want job in Airforce.. Even though the reserved age is over for me... I am believing you can do it.. Please God

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oluwafeyidabira OmoniolaoluwaApril 10, 2018 at 8:06 PM

    Wow WOW! Thank you Jesus!! God of impossibilties. This is awesome and inspiring. 1 year and 3 months unemployed, having moved from Nigeria myself, I can so so relate. I am encouraged and praise God on this person's behalf. God who did it for you, will do it for me too IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its so inspiring to know brothers and sisters in Christ are one.God is our greatest motivator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you're well at World Bank. Thanks for your testimony, this brought me to tears as I was searching for testimonies on waiting for job interview results...

    I, myself, am also currently waiting for an interview outcome to my dream company. It has been 3 weeks but they interviewer told me a week ago they're still interviewing other applicants so they will let me know of an outcome when they have one.

    I got a feeling that this job is for me and is God's send, so I am praying too.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my God this is the testimony I need. I did an interview 3 days ago with the company of my dreams. I actually fumbled on some of the questions because of my nervousness but I know God is strong in my weakness. I also read d interview invitation letter over n over, sent to some people too haha. I am actually trusting that the Lord will give me this job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowww! Reading ‘’ Congratulations ‘’ brought tears in my eyes . Your testimony gave me strength to go back on my knees and be specific about what kind of job I want. I am going through the same thing you went through and after reading this, I am positive that God is gonna do miracles regarding my Job. Thank you ��

    ReplyDelete
  24. The God we serve is more than capable than we think. Hallelujah Elohim may your name be praised perpetually from generations to generations. Indeed he is able. WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Each time I read this, it motivates and boosts my faith. God is really faithful and just with His promises.
    I can boldly say, it is finished (John 19:28-30). Thank you Lord for this Testimony!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I keyed into your testimony when I came across this page In December. I did a screenshot of it and I was always connecting my fate to it. In January I had an interview with my dream company in London and I flopped. I cried because I thought I wasn't going to make it. They called me in March to schedule an interview with the director. They have now offered me the job. The Lord is so glorious. Hallelujah

    ReplyDelete
  27. I tap into this testimony.God is good

    ReplyDelete