Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Testimony Thursday

#Testimony Thursday During the 2015 presidential campaign I was called upon to handle a part of the social media strategy, there was a team at the Legacy House but for those of us who worked with Chief Femi Fani Kayode at the secretariat at Asokoro, there was need for another social media team and I was asked to head the team, I was excited. Before that time I was squatting with my brother and I felt that if i did a good job, I would be handsomely rewarded. Our first meeting was at the Asokoro office on a Saturday. There were others who also worked with FFK, they were obviously jealous and envious that I got something "juicy" and they decided to frustrate me. They disrupted the meeting and went to cook up stories with FFK and so he took me off the team and I was so sad. Then another issue happened and I became sort of like a persona non grata, it hurt because I knew my capabilities and I saw lots of clueless people being asked to handle stuff. One of the reasons why GEJ lost that election was because lots of incompetent people were asked to handle sensitive positions. I walked away and few months later I discovered oud and focused on Sapphire Scents. The events that happened after showed that God was protecting and preserving me. I would have been the first person EFCC would have carried and I would not have been able to do the things I love most. I dont know what disappointment and betrayal you may have faced but never forget what the bible says in Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. That disapointment is a blessing in disguise. God is working out something special for you, you will laugh last! You too can be a social media evangelist. Please share so that others can be blessed as you have been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment