Saturday, July 19, 2014

God gave me a job at The United Nations





The Law of Sympathetic Resonance gives the illustration of two grand pianos in different parts of a room; when you strike a key on one of the pianos, the exact key vibrates on the other piano. There are people whom I vibrate on the same frequency with; Eziaha Bolaji-Olojo is one of them; I used to read her blog even before I knew I would start a blog, she is just an inspiration to this generation. 

There is a remnant of passionate, excellent Christians who are God’s businessmen and God’s ambassadors, who usher in God wherever they find themselves; I am convinced Eziaha is one of them. One of my friends had shared her testimony on how she got a job at the World Bank read here and Eziaha told me she was next and God honoured her faith. I give God all the glory for the wonderful things He is doing through this blog; if you tap into her testimony, you could be next, I have tapped into it and I KNOW I am next.
This testimony is quite a lengthy read but I pride our over 68,000 readers in over 40 countries as one of the cultured few who still enjoy a good story. You can check out Eziaha's blog on www.eziaha.com  
This testimony will blow your mind. Enjoy...




I am so amazed by this God and how faithful He is to honour His Word if we can just stand on that Word and do our part till our testimony comes.

As a University of Ibadan Sociology student, I was very exposed to the United Nations (UN), I took minors in Political Science and Economics in 200L and I was very  fascinated me so I signed up for more courses related to the UN and Developmental Sociology (You should see my transcript, I had an Aplus in almost all) and I told everyone who cared to listen that I would work there.
Fast forward to graduation, just before NYSC, I moved to Abuja (The ‘Buj) because I really wanted to serve there plus God had told me The ‘Buj was it.
Now my Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (PK) not only preaches faith; he is a man of faith. If I know anyone who lives by faith, PK does. He had shared with us how he got admission then to University. God had told him to study Business Administration at Yabatech’ so he goes to the school and the department; he didn’t know anyone and had made up his mind he was not going to bribe no-one too as most people were doing. So PK stood at the gate and he would approach anyone who looked like a lecturer and ask for admission. As you can imagine, he was insulted by many people but he stood there. Until finally he met this top ranking officer who was just worn out by his determination and decided to help him ‘for God’s sake’ and that is how PK got his admission.

With that in mind, after I moved to Abuja against my parent’s wish who wondered why I wanted to leave the ‘familiarity’ of Lagos for Abuja, I bunked with JMAD (girl, you are a real star), then decided to look for where the UN was and go get my testimony. This was February 2013. I didn’t just choose Abuja; if anything, I wanted to stay back in Ibadan. One day, as I prayed, God told me that Ibadan was NOT the place. SAY WHAT!!! Pray tell, WHERE IS THE PLACE? Only for my Sugar Daddy (God) to say ABUJA!!! I had only been to Abuja for like a two week holiday some 5 years ago. But the Word He gave me was profound;

Gen 12;1-3

‘Now in Haran (Ibadan), the Lord said to me ‘go for yourself, for your own advantage, away from your country, your relatives, and your father’s house (all things familiar) to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great Nation, and I will bless you Eziaha with an ABUNDANT INCREASE OF FAVOURS and make your name FAMOUS and DISTINGUISHED and you will be a BLESSING, dispensing good to others. And I will bless those who bless you (who confer prosperity or happiness upon you, and CURSE him who curses or uses insolent language towards you. In you will all the families and kindred of the earth be blessed and by you they will bless themselves…’


So that’s how I came to Abuja with an ABRAHAMIC WORD. (yeah, I was single then and marriage was in  the works. But guess what, my God is no author of confusion. He gave my fiancĂ©e the same Word. He too knew Abuja was where he was on his way to)
After I found out where the UN was, I found my way there. I got there and learnt that after the bombing of UN building in Abuja, the offices split to everywhere around Abuja. One of the security dudes was kind enough to direct me to the particular office I desired. But first, I went online, googled. Why? I needed a name to ‘drop’ when I got there. So I got there, dropped the name, and that’s how they said the dude was on leave. They didn’t let me in.
I stood at that gate, determined that TODAY, I must meet someone. I stood under the sun until one of the security men, impressed by my dogged attitude hollered at me when one of the bosses came out and told me I could go talk to him. I told the man that I was a fresh First Class Sociology graduate looking to build a career at the UN. He told me how they don’t take corpers or even fresh graduates, etc. But he said I should go and serve first and then come back. He was gracious enough to give me his number and email to forward my CV. I sent it and he rang me. He was mega impressed but he advised I go for  NSYC first and then he will see if any of his friends could take me in as I looked like a smart one. He was actually impressed that I even went online and got a name.
Now let’s back up a bit to January. As I prayed into the New year, my Sugar Daddy told me I would meet someone this year that would be a ‘strategic help’ Hmm. I had my reservations but I kept it at the back of my mind. Sometime in late January, I got a mail from a blog reader. Now I do get a decent number of mails-most of it very complimentary, some wanting advice, some looking for friendship. As much as possible, I respond but more politely than anything else. When I got this mail however, I felt a nudge in my spirit to ‘take this a bit more seriously’. There were back and forth mails and a friendship was forged. I still didn’t know what my Sugar Daddy was about.
All these while, my CV had been my personal baby. I didn’t send it out to ANY SINGLE person or Organization for paid employment. I subscribed to job sites for the fun of it but I always just confessed UN. I was beginning to look unserious just lounging in the beautiful peaceful Island doing nothing but eating my husband’s money and well, getting more beautiful.
Bless my husband; he gave me absolutely no wahala. He stood in faith with me.  I kept checking websites and online generally for any UN vacancy I could fill. NONE!!! I saw my friends get jobs, register for Masters, etc and here I was playing married woman. All the while, I would tell everyone that I would work at the UN just that I’m not ready yet.In the meantime, I kept reading up on the UN, blogging and getting more Social Media knowledge as it was a field I was very interested in, mentoring young girls, counselling people, and of course, loving my God.
One day, late March, as I prayed, I heard God clearly tell me; Babe, it is time to send out your CV’. I knew it was God. I didn’t know how and to whom but I knew He said that. That same evening, that babe I met off my blog rang me and without mentioning anything to her, she says she has an in law who worked there and so when I am ready to come to Abuja, I should give her my CV to give to her in-law. Say WHAT!!!
Early April, I sent the CV and moved to Abuja. I was ‘homeless’ and this same babe, opens up her BEAUTIFUL home for me to stay till I got settled. I would have called it a coincidence except that my FAITH OFFICE was a 3minute drive from her house or a 10minute walk. Tell me about coincidences!!! That was my Sugar Daddy right bang in the middle of it all, arranging stuff for me.
Six full weeks in Abuja, I heard NOTHING from the in-law. That first man I had met then, I happened to meet again and I got his number after several days of going to stand at the gate again and nights of taking a stroll and speaking in tongues around that property where MY office was located. Oh how did I forget to mention that just like my husband instructed me; as soon as I landed in Abuja and alighted the plane, right there in the runway, I removed my shoes, let the sole of my feet touch the floor, and began to speak Words of favour into this land. All the way to my host’s house, I kept praying in the Spirit. Then I rang my darling Rev and told him I was in The ‘Buj and he prayed and spoke words of blessings into my life. Ah!!!The Father’s blessing. I no dey use am play ooo.

One day though, that Oga I had met earlier gave me this really bad news about my chances. Oh my!!! It looked like I stood ZERO chance. The odds were against me. I recall that day was the closest I came to tears. I really wanted to cry; I had heard people say stuff like ‘Oh I cried and cried’ and for some stupid reason, I wanted to cry too just to have that ‘testimony’ LOL but God? He didn’t let me cry. I know He asked me ‘so what will the tears do for you?’ and He asked me with a STRONG voice, LOL. I had to ‘arrange’. Then He led me to 2nd Kings 19 where King Hezekiah got a threat letter from his enemies … (Verse 14 ff)
‘…And he received the letters from the hand of the messengers and read it. And Hezekiah went up into the House of The Lord and spread it before the Lord and He prayed…….Oh Lord of Israel, see all the things that Sennacherib is saying to insult You, the living God…’
I had received a bad report too and though the man wasn’t an enemy, that situation was insulting my God  and He wanted me to bring it right to Him and ‘report’ rather than cry. I did just that. That day I worshipped and my countenance was lifted.
The first Wednesday I was in Abuja and I went for midweek service, I told my Pastor Busayo (Pastor B) all that God had told me about this City and where I was there.He prayed with me and said I have always spoken positive about The ‘Buj on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) so God would honour me. My display picture on BBM always reads ‘The ‘Buj… My Land of Milk &Money. My Greenland.

That first Wednesday, Pastor B preached on The Wonders of God’s Word. That message was for me! I listened and listened to that message. He talked about how when we find a Word, like Jeremiah, we should eat it and it should well up joy in us. That’s when the testimony comes. He really spoke on just how powerful a Word from God can be and all the power it has within it to produce so we should sit down and search the Word. That day, all the words God gave me this year for The ‘Buj, I re-wrote them again. I confessed them till I was tired. That was how I realized I didn’t have a specific Word for the job I trusted for. I asked God for one. See what He gave me;


Isa 45;1-7 (some parts in The Message Translation)
God’s message to Eziaha, who He took by the hand, to give the task of taming the (UNITED) Nations, of terrifying their kings. He gives me free rein. NO RESTRICTIONS. I will go ahead of you, clearing and paving the road. I’ll break down bronze city gates, smash padlocks, KICK DOWN barred entrances. I’ll lead you to buried treasures…Confirmations that it is in fact I, the God of Israel who calls you by name…. (and the following line was the BOMB) I HAVE SINGLED YOU OUT, CALLED YOU BY NAME AND GIVEN YOU THIS PRIVILEGED WORK…’

You don’t want to know what ‘I will single you out and give you this privileged work’ did for my faith. I said it daily. I used it as my screensaver. I swallowed that Word. *speaking in tongues*
Anyways, 6weeks... nothing. I took a trip out of town. I didn’t feel a tad bad. I went back to Husband. I knew I would be back, my testimony was still in the works. If anyone asked me though, I would say I worked in the UN. I was yet to start. They were still prepping my office etc. You don’t want to know how much the devil told me I was lying. How much he taunted me that I would eat my Words as I would NOT work in the UN. Pastor K and Pastor B’s messages helped me get through those voices. Especially PK’s ‘Be Expectant’ and ‘Putting Your Faith to Work’ I would listen all day, all night, worship and keep my joy. Of course, I also kept confessing the time I wanted to have with the work. Nothing too stressful because I have a ministry and a home to build.Biko



My husband (My hubs) is a real TEN! Ladies make sure you marry well. He made sure I lacked nothing and he was always getting information from their website for me. My hubs? He is a real STAR. I recall the Word he shared with me from God for our family this June. It was profound and even he knew God had some amazing things in store for us this month so we had to be well positioned.
Sometime in early June, a blog reader sowed a seed into my life. Its funny how it was the exact amount I trusted God for to sow into a certain church project. Double funny it was that when it came, I conveniently forgot and was going to use it to charter kilishi (dried spicy meat) for my people in Lagos. Thank God for a man who encouraged me to give and then sent me the ‘kilishi money’ instead. I truly believe that seed hastened my testimony. I sowed that seed on Sunday. By Monday, I just told hubs that I was going to start work in July ‘no matter what’. He said that sounded like I was going to take ‘just anything’ as my talk sounded a bit desperate. So he said he would support me in whatever thing I chose so long as I wasn’t desperate. That I should spend some time in prayers too. I did. Then I decided to work somewhere else while I awaited my dream job.
I went on Jobberman and looked for either writing jobs or Educational Consulting jobs, both of which I am super interested in. I found three. I applied to one and felt really exhausted after amending my CV and writing a cover letter. So I turned off and slept.
For some reason, I couldn’t go back to apply for the rest. I was just unusually drained. Then I felt God ask me to ring that Oga and ask for an appointment. I told him I needed to ask him some questions, find out some things etc. He obliged me. In my mind, I wanted to pray a more targeted prayer towards the Unit I wanted to join. So we met up the next day being Tuesday, and as he talked and gave me more gist about the UN, it dawned on me the particular unit that interested me. Of course, he told me how my chances were really LOW and blablabla. He however gave me some other tips for job apps and all. I wish I can explain how EXCITED and JOY-FULL I was as I walked out of that meeting. I just felt like someone who was told to start work the next day. I was that joyful despite the odds. Remember, I had still NOT heard from my friend’s in-law who worked there but of course, I had my confessions and my JOY. And I still told everyone and their dogs I worked with the UN.
The next morning being Wednesday, I was Lagos bound for Akikitan (a worship programme in Lagos, Nigeria). I had told myself I was coming to praise God for my job, amongst other things. As I stood at the check-in counter, my friend rang me. At first I am like, ‘did I forget something at home?’ Anyways, after I got my boarding pass, I rang her back. Now, the funny thing is, I hardly ever introduce myself as a writer. I always  say ‘Sociologist’ and max I will add ‘with a bias for social media, social development and/or social entrepreneurship’ but this babe always introduced me as a Writer/Blogger which was exactly what she had told her in-law. 

As God would have it, that was the line that the woman needed to hear. Long and short, her aunt had remembered me that morning, rang her niece and asked me to ring her. My people, right at the Departure lounge, dazed in a  way that I cannot explain, SPEECHLESS, I heard her explain how an opening had opened (pardon my English) right in my DESIRED OFFICE in my DESIRED ORGANIZATION with the Job description that involved both Social media, Reporting and Writing skills. And TRAVEL!!! Just as I told my God. My Sugar Daddy had BLOWN MY MIND. Literally! If I was looking for tears, my Daddy gave me a different kinda tears. My dream job had become a reality. First I rang hubs. I still feel I spoke from a trance. He had to ask me if I was serious. He had to call me back to be sure. It was unreal! Then I rang my mom; she couldn’t stop screaming. Then my sister who just made me crack up so much with all the demands she started making. Then I told my pastors, my friends Valerie, Cheech, Tani, Sapphire, Booski, Ayomikun, etc. Of course, my phones immediately blew up. My friends are the absolute BEST!!!
I know that God requires of us INSPIRED ACTIONS. I knew mine, in addition to all the confession, praying, the standing at the UN gate until I met someone, and all, that SEED I sowed pushed the miracle right into my laps at that time. See what kilishi would have caused, Chukwu gbakwa ekwensu oku. Also, I knew I was too lazy to be attending one interview after another, and doing all kinds of aptitude tests. I was FOCUSED on my dream job. That was my own WALK OF FAITH. Anybody else’s could have been different but this was MINE.
My God decided to land me this own right before Akikitan. Ah, my darling Daddy. Words have failed me. Thankfully, I was asked to come in Monday morning and not immediately. I had to attend Akikitan plus I desperately wanted to spend my birthday not in Abuja but with my hubs. So just as I desired to start in July, my Boss after I was briefed on my JD and TOR, permitted me to travel and resume fully in July.
Shattah!(Speaking in tongues)
My God is a BOSS!!! For me, it is beyond the ACTs, that is, what He has done. It is more about His ways. The HOWs by which He does things.
He made known HIS WAYS to Moses and HIS ACTS to the Children of Israel… Psalms 103 v 7
I truly felt like a Moses. You just don’t know the ACTS but His WAYS and we all know that a knowledge of His ways means you can replicate such results over and over and over again.
You don’t want to know what this has done to my Faith. It has made me a Born-again AGAIN Believer.Someone may want to say ‘Oh, but you knew someone who then got you into the UN…’ But no, this is not ‘man know man’. This was a total complete God-incidence. Recall that I didn’t have to respond to that one mail that Blog reader sent to me. No? I didn’t. But I did. And that was how this whole thing happened.
I still know God is not done. For one, He told me not to drop that Word in Isaiah 45 then because He was not done yet. And then imagine my surprise when my hubs told him God gave him the same Word in Isaiah 45 as he prayed about my new job. Then the same thing my Rev told me that the testimony wasn’t complete yet so I should stay on the Word still.

There is MORE *inserts huge smile*Like my girl Cheech said, ‘…When it rains it pours. Oh it pours…Whoooooooossssshhhh!’
Luke 1:26ff (PHP)

Now in the SIXTH MONTH, the Angel Gabriel was sent by God to E’ in her land of Milk&Money…and having come in, he said to her REJOICE Highly Favoured One…behold you have conceived in your womb and will bring forth a SON…’
Somebody is warming up to have a baby… Yaaaaay ME! June for JUBILATION indeed.



5 comments:

  1. Thank God for this Testimony! :) I Rejoice with You! I Tap into an Amazing Testimony even Greater that this...Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look for this testimony, I m trusting job for a job in a multi national and I am more than convinced that I shall share my testimony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooow! I hope for many years, I will be able to share your testimony as well as mine. I'm also searching for a career abroad (I am Jamaican) and though it may seem impossible, God's not done with me yet...THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TESTIMONY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, I pray the same mircle happens for those who believe, in Jesus Name I shall also be Blessed to work with the United Nations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tap into this testimony am also believing for a job at the UN.I believe am next

    ReplyDelete