Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Love Story by Iyke and Lisa





Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the love story of my pastors. There are people you meet in your life who take you to the next level. Pastor Iyke and Pastor Lisa have been the singular biggest influence in my life for the past two years both as my pastors and mentors; God has used this power couple to bless me tremendously.

It was at the House On The Rock (HOTR), Benin that God begin to bring out some talents I did not know I had, one of which is this blog. He was the one who pushed me to get married; he began to let all the bachelors in church see what we were missing and encouraged us. This man hears God; when he advises you, it is the voice of God.

Pastor Iyke is also an author, he is dropping a mind blowing book titled ‘Finding Mr. Right’ very soon. I have a lot of respect for this humble, unassuming prophet. 
I celebrate you now and always. This interview was published by www.oneplustheone.blogspot.com Enjoy the story...

                                 


oneplustheone.blogspot.com; Hello Mr and Mrs Nnamdi, its wonderful to meet you and we are really glad that you would be letting us have a glimpse into your world. Please introduce yourselves.

                                

Ikechukwu: We are Team Iyke made up of the highly prestigious and extremely beautiful Nnamdi Toolisa Nneka popularly referred to as Pastor Lisa and the simple Nnamdi Ikechukwu Samuels also known as Pastor Iyke. We are certified marriage mentors and relationship coaches. We got married on the 14th day of February 2009 and we are headed to 6 years of amazing marital bliss. 
The love was so strong that we exchanged vows on the highly acclaimed love day (LOL) however we strongly believe that every day is a day of love.
Our hobbies are cooking, travelling, reading (my wife), while for me, it's driving, flying, playing games and teaching.

                                    
oneplustheone.blogspot.com; A Valentine's day wedding, nice! So, please tell us, how did you meet?
 
Ikechukwu: We met in church, House On The Rock, Enugu. I was attracted to her dogged commitment and love for God, her immaculate dress sense and her calm disposition.  
Our meeting was most unconventional and maybe unromantic but not un-miraculous. It was not the beautiful-flower-garden kind of meeting, we weren’t even close before I proposed to her, but at that point in my life as a young man, I needed to get married. So I went to God in prayer and like many other men, I had some ladies in my mind. Lisa, was not among the ladies I was considering and praying about, but constantly her name, picture and consciousness was being impressed strongly on my mind. Amazingly, I now know that the impression was from God. 

                                                  

Why did I not consider her you may ask, well it's a very interesting story.
She was based in Lagos at the time and in my nature I hosted (accommodated) her boyfriend then and every evening they would speak over the phone through the newly introduced 'MTN midnight call'. They were hoping to get married. 
After a while, he got another accommodation which later had problems and for the second time he came back to my house, but this time around, some things had happened and they weren’t communicating as much as they did previously. I was actually concerned, I tried mediating but he warned me seriously that I should not disturb him and that if I wanted I could marry her myself. 

Pastor Iyke and Pastor Lisa with Rev. Goodheart Ekwueme HOTR, Abuja
                                    


Now you know why I was never going to consider her. I didn't want to appear as a 'wife-snatcher'. I also said that to God when He kept impressing her on my mind. Then God asked me, "Are you the one who joined them? Did you proclaim them husband and wife?" and then I heard in my spirit that if I don't pay attention to her my search will not come to an end.

Back to my story, like I said, I proposed to my wife in a rather unconventional way. It was in my office at the church. I did not even kneel to propose! I only said, "Take a good look at me from now henceforth. Observe me closely as I lead prayers, preach, carry myself about, do what I do and if you think that you can live with what you see as a husband, come and give me your answer. If it is a "Yes", let me know and if it is "No" still let me know.”

I'm sorry if the story is getting long, but I must end it by saying that the best way to know that a lady is your wife is to have that clear and explosive assurance from God. Your wife to be should not strike a chord, she should bring a BOMB! You must get to that point where you say "this is now the (BOMB)""Bone Of My Bone". I call it the point of absolute assurance and that point is not triggered by curves, edges or boobs. It's nice for your wife to have all the departments in place but marriage is more than all the departments being in place. Her finger tips, lips and hips might or might not be in place as you like, but that is not as important as her being from God. Do you have that absolute assurance that will make you explode like Adam did and say "This is NOW (search is over) the Bone Of My Bone?..." 

Please always remember that "A prudent wife is a gift from God..." (Prov 19:14). I am absolutely and totally blessed that I married my baby and best friend.

Pastors Iyke and Lisa with Pastor Paul Adefarasin HOTR Founder
                       

Lisa: Our relationship before he proposed to me was a student/teacher one, because he was my teacher when I was going through the foundation classes as a new member. During the classes, I loved his fragrance and neatness, admired his passion for teaching especially on relationship/marriage related topics.
 I wouldn't say I was attracted to him before he proposed to me (considering that I met him through my ex, I never imagined he would ever ask me to marry him!) but I just wished silently in my heart for God to give me a man like him. Amazingly, God did not give me a man like him but him.

In fact, I confessed to him later in our marriage that I wanted to say YES on that very day he proposed to me but I just decided to be a lady and not appear too 'easy'. Then as we got into courtship, I was swept off my feet by his simplicity, humility, sincerity, sense of humour and compassionate heart.




oneplustheone.blogspot.com; Wow, that's a very unconventional and interesting meeting! It's great to receive that assurance and peace from God about any matter. Thanks for being honest and real with us. Why do you think it's important to keep sex in the context of marriage? 


Ikechukwu: The Bible, which we refer to as our manual says that "Marriage is honourable and the bed undefiled" (Heb 13:4). bed-defilement negatively affects the honor in marriage. 
You see, to every product there are 'Dos and Don’ts. When people prefer the don’ts, they wreck the product. For instance, if I poured water into my car tank instead of fuel, I would simply be making a statement that I don't want this car to last. 
Every producer includes a manual which is the explanation of the product so that people can study and find out how to utilise and maximise the product. If you are very protective of your car and you are wise not to pour water in the fuel tank, then you should be even more protective and wiser when it comes to your marriage. 

                                     


oneplustheone.blogspot.com; What would you have done differently if you had the opportunity to do it again?

Lisa: I dabbled into a relationship immediately after my secondary school and I was so immature, naive and clueless about the intricacies of dating. It got me distracted and actually cost me a lot, including my virginity. That's something I do regret; in hindsight, I would have preferred to wait until my wedding night. 
If I had the opportunity to turn back the hands of time, I wouldn't get into any serious relationship until probably after university. I believe I would have been a lot more mature and wiser to avoid most of the mistakes I made.

                                


Ikechukwu: I would have married much earlier. Not that I married late, but I am disturbed at the rate at which we do some important things very late. Men marry late and at 60 they are still doing school runs. So when their sons or daughters are grown and ready to marry, they are close or even in the grave! (LOL) I would be lying if I said that I don't know why some men delay getting married. Some of them are willing, but the economy is weak. 

                               

oneplustheone.blogspot.com;  LOL. May their willingness be translated to action! 
Thank you so much for sharing with us today. It's been a really enlightening interview. 
At this point, we like to give you some space and we encourage you to affirm each other, you've chatted with us, now it's time to express yourselves to each other. 

Ikechukwu

Li Nwa! You are indeed the best! Marrying you was never a mistake and like I always say, if God would allow marriage in Heaven, I would marry you with all delight and pleasure. I love loving you and God bless that wonderful day when you said "YES I WILL MARRY YOU!" Just look at me now! You've transformed an ugly man into a super handsome dude.
You are too much. I LOVE YOU!
 

Lisa
Ikem, my groom, my king, my best friend! You have groomed me into the woman I never thought I would ever become. 'Pst. Lisa' is now a brand courtesy of you. I'm grateful to God for giving you to me, I'm happy I followed you, I'm glad I married you. We shall continually live our dreams, together forever, till death do us part. I love loving you! Onye nwem gozie gi! (My Lord bless you)


They are blessed with two daughters; Peniel and Jahdiel Nnamdi

















3 comments:

  1. Nice reading this again.
    Read it on Ayo's blog a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647 blog: spiritualherbal.blogspot.com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Name is Elena I want to testify of the good work of Lord Zuma who helped me in achieving the goals, i was in a relationship for 4years with my boyfriend and everything was going so sweet i loved him and i believed he loved me more than anything in this world after a while i noticed some changes in him so i knew something was wrong i tried to pleases him in several ways but no outcome, shortly i noticed he was seeing another girl i tried to make him understand that i loved him so much but he wouldn't even listen, one day i read a testimony on a similar case a person testifying of the work of this great Lord Zuma even when i did not believe i was convinced by my girlfriend so i contacted him and let him know all my problems and he said i should not worry that everything will be okay for me, in 2days my lover came asking me to forgive him after giving Lord Zuma the information and the necessary things to carry out the work for me, so if you are going through any problem contact him he might be the answer to your problem, here is his email address. spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +1 506 800 1647.

    ReplyDelete