Sunday, October 23, 2016

Lessons from Lenny LeBlanc

Lessons from my meeting with Lenny LeBlanc

Yesterday I met with Lenny LeBlanc,💃💃💃😁😁😁😁 we were at the dining room of the Protea Hotel, I was getting what to eat at the buffet and he was getting the chef to fry some eggs when he turned to look at me and he said "you look familiar" I said his face looked familiar too but I wasn't sure. 

We got our food and settled on the same table and then I asked for his name and he said "Lenny", suddenly it dawned on me and I said "Lenny Leblanc?" He said "yeah" and I just freaked out!  Say what! I had been listening to his songs for years. He and Don Moen composed the award winning song "Above All" and many more others. 

This was an icon in front of me, at 65, he was still a very stylish man. As is my custom, I squeezed a lot of wisdom out of him especially about music.

1. Should Gospel artistes sing or associate with secular artistes? Lenny said that one of the biggest harvest of souls he ever experienced were at secular concerts. Imagine a Nikki Minaj show for instance and after that a gospel artiste takes the stage, he said he had experienced many people who started crying and gave their life to Jesus at secular concerts. 

2. Networking is important: one of my favorite gospel artistes is Terry Macalmon but I was surprised that Lenny LeBlanc didn't know him. I ended up playing his songs for Lenny. My lesson from that is you must not  only be good at what you do, you must associate with like minds. He knew Frank Edwards but he didn't know Terry Macalmon! 

There are many more but I will stop here. Happy Sunday.

You too can be a social media evangelist. Please share so that others can be blessed as you have been blessed. #ThankYouJesus

1 comment: