Thursday, September 29, 2016

Lessons From Frank Edwards

Last night was spectacular; it was a convening to celebrate creative youths in Nigeria and also a photo book launch by Bayo Omoboriowo, the President's official photographer. 

I met lots of people last night, Mummy Joke Silva, Chief Rotimi Amaechi, Chief Lai Mohammed, Falz, Simi, Kaffy, Darey and many more. 

Two people stood out for me, I met Chief Mrs Folorunso Alakija, the richest black woman in the world, a God made billionaire and I told her about Sapphire Scents, she said "that's fantastic" and she collected my business card 🙆💃😁😁😍



Yet the most outstanding person I met yesterday was Frank Edwards, I was still telling Senator Faro that there was not a single Gospel artist in the room when Frank Edwards walked in! We immediately became his protocol and he ended up sitting at our table. I begin to ask him questions, chai I drilled him o and these are some of the things I learnt;

1. What is the most profound thing you have learnt about music? Frank said he has learnt to be the music "anybody can sing but when you are the music, you are an original" I learnt that in whatever you are doing, be yourself. 

2. Heaven has its own economy: Frank said he prayed last year that he wanted to be spending dollars in Nigeria, he dipped his hand in his pocket and brought out a bundle of at least $10,000 and he said "that's how I roll everytime, people just started paying me in dollars, my brother, heaven has its own economy". Beloved you are not part of the recession, God will give you what the world is chasing after. 

4. When you are at peace with God, God will answer all your prayers: He said people need to be right with God and when they are, there is nothing they want that God will not do.

5. Why do some Gospel artistes change to secular music? Frank said those artistes are not patient enough and if you are truly born again, your conscience will disturb you. 

There are many more but I will stop here. His album with Don Moen will be out by month end. 

You too can be a social media evangelist. Please share so that others can be blessed as you have been blessed. #ThankYouJesus

No comments:

Post a Comment